Apr 1, 2011

Katy Perry.

I have always loved Katy Perry's music (just ask my boyfriend, I'm sure he has lots to say about my choice of music in his car!) and last night I was lucky enough to go and see her live performing at the Bournemouth Bic.

The show was a-m-a-z-i-n-g. It was everything I imagined and more, one of the best things was that when I walked into the room I was welcomed by the smell of sweeties, it literally smelt like I was stood next to a candyfloss machine the whole night which was pretty amazing.

 There were two support acts; Yelle and DJ Skeet Skeet (click on their names to be taken to their websites).
They were both really good actually - normally I am not too bothered by the support acts but both were great at getting the audience involved and the music was fun to dance to.

Yelle are a three piece band from France, the song below is what they opened the show with.



Here is another song they performned which I really like:


DJ Skeet Skeet was pretty good, he did play some of his own stuff but I actually enjoyed it more when he played songs everyone knew like Benny Benassi Satisfaction. 


Now for the main act, Katy Perry! The stage was amazing: cupcakes, lolly pops and sweeties made up the set and cotton candy clouds floated above our heads. After a short film clip which set the scene and began telling the story she entered at the top of the stage and started the show singing Teenage Dream to which the crowed erupted.



I think she changed about 15 times?!...each outfit was cute with cup cakes and glitter, of course!
Here are the ones I got pictures of:








 

When she sang Hot and Cold she changed her clothes a lot - the picture below shows how she did it, it was really fun to watch. Every few seconds she would go through a booth or go through a hoop and each time she appeared with a different dress!


My favourite song of the night was I Kissed A Girl; the first part was very sexy and 'vintage' and then it went into the original. Here is a video I found on Youtube of the performance;




It was such a good night, I would definitely go and see her again. Sorry for all the of 'amazings' it couldn't have been helped - the whole night really was amazing!! Here is a short video I took of her singing - she was note perfect the entire time.


 Click here to watch her new music video for E.T

No comments:

Post a Comment