Mar 12, 2011

Nude Nails.

I'm a massive fan of nail varnish and in particular bright colours. My varnish collection includes greens, reds, and bright pinks but this time I wanted to go for something more classic and subtle - something more grown up and soft looking.

After spending a good half an hour exploring the makeup section of my local Boots store I decided on a nude colour. Maybelline did a great looking colour but being a student  I had to face up to the fact that I might have to choose a cheaper brand that I normally wouldn't buy.

In the end I went for Number 17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish in colour 'Forever' priced at £2.99, and I must say I'm really pleased with it. The colour is a lovely nude almost weak coffee colour and it was lovely to apply. I have done two coats to get a better colour and finish. Hopefully it will last - the bottle claims it has 'up to five days of lasting colour'. I would normally finish it off with a topcoat of clear varnish but actually the Nude alone gives a lovely shine and I want to see how long it lasts without the topcoat.

It's so subtle that in fact it pretty much blends into my skin colour but this is the effect that I wanted; stylish but subtle, a clean finish.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I always have to wear really dark ones, fake tan has made my nails orange :( haha xx

    ReplyDelete