Mar 13, 2011

Scouts Back Air Medics.

This is a previous article that I wrote (and was published) for my local newspaper the Gazette and Herald whilst on work experience. I am adding it to my blog so that employers I direct to my blog can see my past work. 

Devizes Scouts have given £260 to the Wiltshire Air Ambulance Appeal.

Keith Bennett, District Commissioner of Mid Wiltshire Scouts, presented paramedic Steve Riddle with a cheque after 300 Scouts, Cubs, Beavers and Explorer Scouts teamed up to raise money for the medical charity.

Mr Bennett, who lives in Market Lavington, said "Any of us could need the air ambulance at any time, anyone in the community could need it. We know that they're a good service, this is why we've chosen them."

The money was raised at St Mary's Church in Calne during the traditional St George's Day parade on April 25. Teas, coffees and cakes were sold and people were asked to put donations in a collection pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment